2. Song: Listen to the Hiss , Artist: Hell , Album: NY Muscle (Universal International)
- Alan Vega of Suicide contributes guest vocals on this track.
3. Song: Frequency 7 , Artist: Visage , Album: The Kings of Techno (Rapster)
- Off the double CD compilation chronicling the Detroit techno scene. The first disc sets the stage with tracks from The Stooges, Aretha Franklin, and The Temptations, while the second disc also features Arpanet, Kano, Black Dog, Nitzer Ebb, and others.
4. Song: 1.10 , Artist: The Vanishing , Album: Still Lifes Are Failing (Gold Standard Laboratories)
5. Song: Martin , Artist: Soft Cell , Album: The Art of Falling Apart (Sire)
6. Song: Redrum , Artist: Tom Waits , Album: Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards (Anti)
7. Song: I Put a Spell On You , Artist: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds , Album: Murderous Ends, Collaborative Odds (Silver Wolf)
- Bootleg album on the Silver Wolf label; also features covers of Neil Young's "Helpless" and Roy Orbison's "Running Scared", as well as the excellent "The Mercy Seat". This track is a cover of Screamin' Jay Hawkins of course, which has also been done by Marilyn Manson and the very underrated Arthur Brown, plus probably some other groups - it seems to be a popular song to cover.
- Too many awesome artists to list on this four-disc set. Just pick this up, seriously.
9. Song: Day of the Lords , Artist: Joy Division , Album: Unknown Pleasures (Qwest)
10. Song: Mining Villages , Artist: Swell Maps , Album: Jane From Occupied Europe (Rough Trade)
11. Song: Prelude - Nightmare , Artist: Arthur Brown , Album: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Touchwood)
12. Song: Fan Fare - Fire Poem , Artist: Arthur Brown , Album: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Touchwood)
13. Song: Fire , Artist: Arthur Brown , Album: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Touchwood)
- First three tracks off this crazy psych album from 1968 (produced by Pete Townsend), the first half of which is a mini-concept album of sorts. "Fire" was Brown's only hit, but that's not to discount the rest of the album, which also features covers of James Brown's "Money" and Screamin' Jay Hawkins' "I Put a Spell On You". I highly recommend picking this up; I'd grab a vinyl copy if you can find one. If you must pick it up on CD, avoid all the versions save the Touchwood one (which has three extra tracks tacked on at the end, including a mono version of "Prelude - Nightmare"), as the tracklisting for most CD versions is out of Brown's original intended order - extremely important for an album such as this. Interesting side note: I hear grind-spazz-psych-core band An Albatross has covered "Fire" in concert.
14. Song: Wachovia , Artist: Pissed Jeans , Album: Shallow (Sub Pop)